Here in Rancho/Upland we're fortunate enough to have an indoor location available on the days where weather is not so fantastic. Although we are only allowed to walk inside it's still a great cardio workout. When I have to send out the texts and emails about the location change it's always a good bet that most moms will not brave the elements and come to class. And who can blame them especially if they have little ones. If I had placed the bet today I would have lost, big time.
As I got out of my own vehicle and started setting up my own stroller the wind picked it up and slammed me in between my vehicle and the door. My stroller was fully loaded minus child. Now, I was there because I had to be. I was running the group today. But the 11 moms that were there completely inspired me today with not only their mass attendance but the way the ruled the mall! I usually start out at the front of the group to start the pace I'd like them to maintain. As the walk goes on I try to move back and forth through the moms making sure to find out how each one is doing. When I ended up at the back of the group today I looked up and all the moms and the strollers were lined up 2 by 2, walking with fantastic form right through the mall. At this point of the morning the stores were about 15 minutes from being open to the public. But the mall was starting to receive customers. As I watched these moms plow through I saw face after face just stare at these beautiful women and their adorable children making their strides purposeful this morning. Other children, not in our group, were pointing to their own mothers about all the babies and how cute they were. The customers were moving quickly out of our way so as to not slow our roll. When we're in these types of locations I love the proud feeling of knowing that me and these moms are doing the best thing for our well being and overall fitness. I can see in the faces of many women, and men, that they are fascinated by our drive and may in fact be longing for the same. Today I lost a bet, but I was inspired to write my first blog post. This after completing the design in almost 5 months ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment