and I don't mean I do it everyday to show her the health reasons. It's definitely a HUGE bonus that I'm projecting that but in truthfulness, if I don't get her out of the house I'm DOOMED for the day. So this morning, after a long weekend, the alarm went off and I wished I could just stay in bed. I didn't want to go to "work", if you can even call it that, and I didn't want to work out. I tell mamas that the hard part is getting there and it is SO true sometimes. But then I thought to myself, laying in bed, how would I entertain my child till the 2pm nap time?
So out of bed I climb, hoping she would stay asleep long enough for me to get my morning started. The second I put my foot on the ground, "MOMMY... I READY TO GET OUT OF BED!" Fantastic!
We go through the motions of our morning getting ready for Stroller Strides. I managed to forget half of what I actually needed today and turned around once to retrieve. Get to Stroller Strides and grateful to see mamas there before me. It's always a big bonus when there are moms there before me because that lets me know they are there to get their work out on! They're pumped! Are they? Or are they thinking what I'm thinking. How will I entertain till nap time?
Zoe is so routine that 9 times out of 10 she's an ANGEL in the stroller. She usually gives me that hour to teach and really gets in to it when we sing Old McDonald or do our 3 deep breaths.
Every time I taught a class last week I went over the hour. It's so crazy but those kids, they KNOW when that hour is up. And then they are so done with me and my singing. So I had this amazing thought today. I was thinking, "how will I entertain till nap time?" I bet the kids are thinking, "if I don't be good for this hour my mom won't let me play at the park." And it takes a lot for a child to be entertained for just one hour. Our kids do it! Relatively easy too. But that's all we get! One hour mama! Take it or leave it cause when that 60 minutes ends I am gonna be crying, squirming, and inconsolable. I discovered that about our group last week. It's a give and take. And that my friends is why when you stay at home to "get things done" instead of coming to work out.... it NEVER happens. So, be in class. I'll end in 60. You get fit! Kids burned out for nap time, and we'll all be happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment