I am amazingly impressed with sweat. It's an every day goal for me to sweat as profusely as possible and to make others sweat right along with me. Hence being a fitness instructor. Tonight I had a good gym session. Although I loath going to the gym it happens to be the place to go when it's too dark to run outside by yourself. I sweat my booty off tonight. I ran at 6 mph on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then 30 minutes on the elliptical machine keeping heart rate at 170. Treadmill was a breeze but when I got on that elliptical, whoa! I have a tendency to look down when I workout. I'm not really sure what I'm looking at but when I'm on machines I feel off balance when I look up. Anyway, I was looking down and the sweat was pouring from my face during the workout. I would watch as a drip fell down my nose and breezed past my knee and on to the ground. (side note: I cleaned the floor at the end) It's so weird and so amazing how fantastic it feels to sweat. At a Body Back class recently, a 5:30am class mind you, one of my members was working out so hard with her core that sweat was dripping down her nose too. It was one of those Nike pictures for sure!
It may sound gross but it's essential, ESSENTIAL, to good health and especially during exercise. Did you know that women actually have MORE sweat glands then men. Yet men still sweat more then us. But of course women are more efficient sweaters then men according to researchers at the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw.
We're headed in to the summer and it's time to start sweating some more! It's not dirty I tell you! It's a feeling of accomplishment. How much did you sweat when you birthed your baby? I'm guessing it was a least a little and WOW what an accomplishment there. So why not make yourself feel accomplished everyday with some good ol' fashioned s.w.e.a.t.! And guess what. You're in luck. I have a few ladies at Stroller Strides who'd love to sweat it up with you. Think about this. If we lacked our fantastic sweat glands we'd be panting like a dog. I'm not a dog. I'm a pretty hot mama. *toot toot* Who's in?
No comments:
Post a Comment