Strength for Motherhood -

Friday, March 4, 2011

The "I can't" turns in to "I can" and "I WILL"

Earlier this week at a Stroller Strides class I was coming down a hill and looked ahead.  I was looking at a single BOB stroller with one mom dressed in mostly black running in front of me.  I scanned my mind for who was in class that day and wondered who I was looking at.  I thought maybe it was just a local mom.  Not a SSr.  There were other moms in front of me too and I knew who they were but I just couldn't think of who was that far in front of me AND running.  At least a minute went by when I FINALLY realized who the mom was and I was so pleased with the fact that she has made such a significant commitment to her health that it literally shows to the point that I didn't recognize her.

Mid week I was teaching a class that I hadn't planned on attending.  I started with 2 in the class and ended with 6.  As we made our way in to the routine I noticed one mom running to catch us.  I haven't personally worked out with this mom in quite some time so I was a little taken back at the speed she was coming towards us.  I had heard through the grapevine that changes were being made with this particular mom.  We finished with our first station and as we moved on this mom shoots out in front!  WOW!  She's leading the pack!  And she LEAD the pack all the way to the next station.  As we progressed through our morning workout, she used the red band, she FINISHED every exercise, she DID NOT QUIT!

Every week of Stroller Strides and Body Back bring me new sights, sounds and feelings.  I get inspired when moms change.  I laugh with enjoyment when I hear things like, "I've toned down so much I had to buy new panties!"  I love when I see moms put on the tight workout pants and tank tops to show off their "guns".  And then the jubilee from the other moms congratulating them are true words of motivation.

You are a mother!  You have the strength!  YOU DO!  I swear on every inch of my body that YOU DO!  You have to let go of the negative thoughts that make you stop.  You HAVE to get uncomfortable.  It's the ONLY way to get the change, IF you want that change.  It's totally ok to be happy with where you are.  It's not my place or anyone else to determine where you should be.  I can only say to you, that if when you look in the mirror, and you are saying I'm not happy with [?].  ONLY YOU CAN CHANGE IT!  How many excuses did you make today?  Was time a problem?  Get up earlier!  Was food choice an issue?  Plan ahead!  I've got an answer to every excuse you've got.  If you're saying it out loud to me, then it's an excuse.  I don't need to know the why's because that's just you asking me to say it's ok.  You either will or you won't.  I've seen the will this week.  And be assured that the two moms from this week have at one point or another told me, "I can't".  Now they're getting uncomfortable BUT you should see the smile and the body they wear now!  You ROCK ladies!

1 comment:

  1. You are so right & you just slapped me straight! Nothing but excuses. I'm gonna get back in the game

    ReplyDelete